When fire damage take control of your life, we help you take it back.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What you can do until help arrives :
- limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet
- keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
- if electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
- wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trip and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant
- if heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures
- wash both sides of leaves on house plants
- change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system
- tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service
- consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water (they may be contaminated)
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage
- send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 408-500-0657. SERVPRO has worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage "Like it never even happened."