Water Damage Experts Available 24/7 to Help Service Your Disaster
Don’t worry we are here 24/7
Your Morgan Hill/Gilroy home can experience water damage due to a various number of reasons, including sewage backups, storms, malfunctioning appliances, broken pipes, and human error like overflowing toilets and sinks. No matter the reason or how large the project is, SERVPRO’s staff has you covered. We are a full-service restoration company with the experience and knowledge needed to perform a thorough restoration on your home.
Unless you are always able to avoid things such as malfunctioning appliances, pipes and faucets, flooding, and earthquakes, you will at some point in your life experience water damage, as horrible as it can be. Don’t worry, SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy is here when you need us.
Each minute that water sits in your home is time for more and more damage to harm your possessions, leaving more opportunity as well for mold and increasing the time and effort needed to fix the damage. Therefore, when the damage happens, call us as soon as possible we are available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
All our technicians are fully trained and certified, and we will work with your insurance company, so you don’t have to worry. With years of restoration experience, we have worked with many insurance companies out there, so rest assured we will help you though the process.
CALL OUR OFFICE TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION AT 408-500-0657.
The 4 Key Steps for Operatin a Fire Extinguisher
This campsite bathroom fire was extinguished using a fire extinguisher.
Follow These Four Steps
The right tool at the right time can be a lifesaver, but only if you know how to operate it. If a fire breaks out in your home in, a fire extinguisher could minimize the property damage. It is not a particularly hard item to use effectively; however, it can be helpful to become familiar with the device. If you follow the PASS technique, you will be able to use most extinguishers like a pro. Follow these four steps:
Pull. A pin is normally located on the top of the device. Just pull the pin out to make the unit operational.
Aim. A hose usually protrudes from the fire extinguisher. Take the hose and aim the end of it with a nozzle at the fire. Aim low at the base of the fire for best results.
Squeeze. Squeeze the handle to release the fire fighting agent. This should result in a forceful flow of foam or some other material out of the hose.
Sweep. Move the hose and nozzle along the base of the fire in a controlled sweeping motion. Do this until the fire is completely out or the device runs out of fluid. Keep a close watch on the extinguished fire for a few hours to make sure it does not revive.
In the case of a kitchen fire, you will need to be careful of what type of fire extinguisher or method you use. A grease or oil fire should be controlled by smothering it with a heavy metal pot lid or by pouring large quantities of baking soda on the fire.
To minimize fire damage, it's a good idea to call in a professional fire mitigation company. Trained technicians can arrive Faster to Any Size Disaster and begin the fire restoration process. They will treat water damage as well as work on removing the impacts of soot and smoke with a professional fire cleanup.
Precautions for Dealing With Flood Water
No matter the source, water that leaks into your commercial property is a serious concern. Water damage can corrode materials, damage electrical systems and create an environment where mold can take hold. A fast response is critical. A team that works 24/7 and 365 days a year can get to your building in four hours and begin remediation promptly. Technicians have the training, experience, and equipment to manage the problem, whether it is large or small. Each situation is different but a company that specializes in water restoration can handle damage from hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, broken plumbing fixtures, rain and hail storms.
Dealing With Contaminated Water
Moisture in your building can come from different sources. Sometimes it is clean water from a drinking line, but it can also be black water from a sewage pipe or from a flood. Contaminated water requires specialized equipment and specific techniques for cleanup. It has the potential to contain the following dangerous substances:
- Toxic chemicals
It is important that water damage of this type is kept away from employees and customers. Anything the water touches should be considered contaminated as well. For complete restoration according to professional standards materials should be removed and replaced. The application of effective cleaning agents should be employed.
Handling the Aftermath of a Storm
Your goal is to get your company back up and running again after a disaster. Each day spent cleaning up your property from water damage means another day missing out on business as usual. Faster to any size disaster is the type of urgency you need. You also want to make sure the job is done safely and in accordance with the latest Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification standards. This ensures the cleanup follows best practices established by the cleaning industry, making it more likely the job will be done right.
3 Types of Water Damage
Water Damage in Morgan Hill - Cat 3 (mold)
There are 3 types of water damage that might occur in your home:
1. Clean Water - The defining characteristic of clean (or Category 1) water is that Its clean at the source, and therefore does not pose a hazard to people. Burst water pipes, leaking appliances, a running faucet or a water heater leak.
2. Gray Water - Also knows as Category 2 may contain some contaminants at the source and may cause some harm to humans. Washing machine or dishwasher discharge, toilet runoff (urine only) or sump pump failures.
3. Black Water - Category 3 water is heavily contaminated at the source and may cause serious illness to humans. Black water is almost exclusively comprised of sewage based components such as feces, fungi bacteria etc. Usually caused by flooding or sewage damage.
Call SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy at 408-500-0657 in case you have water damage.
You Have So Much Invested In Your Home. Choose SERVPRO OF MORGAN HILL / GILROY To Protect Your Most Valuable Asset!
Your home is a reflection of you and makes an impression on all those who enter it. You invest your time, energy and hard-earned resources to maintain, protect and increase the value of your home. When you need work done on your home, you should expect the very best service at a fair price. SERVPRO OF MORGAN HILL / GILROY are committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services, as well as top-quality professional cleaning services for your entire home.
Don't wait - call us at 408-500-0657 to help you today!
What SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy Can Do for You
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
Pretesting helps SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy determines what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
2. Water Removal and Dehumidification
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy identifies the source and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
3. Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
Our Technicians are trained to safely and effectively clean biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
4. Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy works to control and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health and safety.
5. Contents Claim Inventory Service
Accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces job completion time. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can provide an itemized, area-by-area loss inventory.
6. Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
7. Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy use the latest IICRC training as well as state-of-the-art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile and backing.
8. Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
Using IICRC standards for carpets as a guide. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling and explain the benefits of soil protection.
9. Odor Identification and Deodorization
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate it.
10. Upholstery and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods
Fabrics are inspected and tested to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method.
Questions ? Call us at 408-500-0657.No job is ever too big for us at SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
When fire damage take control of your life, we help you take it back.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What you can do until help arrives :
- limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet
- keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
- if electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
- wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trip and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant
- if heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures
- wash both sides of leaves on house plants
- change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system
- tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service
- consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water (they may be contaminated)
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage
- send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 408-500-0657. SERVPRO has worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
What to do until help arrives? Emergency Tips for your home
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy Franchise Professional arrives. Please follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce water damage from clean water and increase the chances of a successful restoration :
- shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source;
- turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock;
- remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting;
- wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items;
- remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying;
- place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting;
- remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture;
- use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors;
- hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting on floors;
- hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist;
- enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazard;
- leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining;
- leave Oriental rugs to other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining;
- use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner;
- use TVs if other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors;
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 408-500-0657
Does your House have a Mold Problem ?
Microbial Growth on Books in Gilroy
When you have microbial growing hidden away in your house, often a moldy smell might be the only clue that it's there. You shouldn't ignore mold odors if you can't see any mold. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy have certified experts to perform the most excellent Mold Remediation Services.
Very often its difficult to detect mold in the house since it might be hidden in the areas like under the floors, behind the furniture or in walls. If the mold is not yet visible after two days, it can affect any wet material in the house. Whether you already suspect a mold problem or already seen the problem, only a professional can help you identify its source and the extent of the damage.
Research has shown that mold takes anywhere between 24 and 48 hours to make an impact. If you detect the presence of mold growth in your house, call SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy at (408) 500 0657.
The Importance of Smoke Alarms
Fire Loss in Morgan Hill
Smoke detectors and fire alarms are one of the most important items in your home. These early warning devices may help alert your family to fire and dangerous smoke but they need to be periodically tested. Testing them regularly and replacing batteries is one way to help ensure you and your family stays safe should there be a fire in your home. Roughly 3 out of 5 fire deaths happen in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
According to the USFA, smoke detectors should be tested at least once a month and batteries should be replaced at least once or twice a year.
Smoke alarms are a key part of a home fire escape plan. When there is a fire, smoke can spread fast. Make sure that you test all smoke alarms at least once a month by pressing the button to be sure the alarm is working.
If you have any questions, please call SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy at (408) 500 0657!