What SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy Can Do for You
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
Pretesting helps SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy determines what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
2. Water Removal and Dehumidification
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy identifies the source and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
3. Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
Our Technicians are trained to safely and effectively clean biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
4. Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy works to control and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health and safety.
5. Contents Claim Inventory Service
Accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces job completion time. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can provide an itemized, area-by-area loss inventory.
6. Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
7. Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy use the latest IICRC training as well as state-of-the-art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile and backing.
8. Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
Using IICRC standards for carpets as a guide. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling and explain the benefits of soil protection.
9. Odor Identification and Deodorization
SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate it.
10. Upholstery and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods
Fabrics are inspected and tested to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method.
Questions ? Call us at 408-500-0657.No job is ever too big for us at SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
When fire damage take control of your life, we help you take it back.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
What you can do until help arrives :
- limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet
- keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
- if electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
- wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trip and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant
- if heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures
- wash both sides of leaves on house plants
- change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system
- tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy
- attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service
- consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water (they may be contaminated)
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage
- send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 408-500-0657. SERVPRO has worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
What to do until help arrives? Emergency Tips for your home
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until your SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy Franchise Professional arrives. Please follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce water damage from clean water and increase the chances of a successful restoration :
- shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source;
- turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock;
- remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting;
- wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items;
- remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying;
- place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting;
- remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture;
- use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors;
- hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting on floors;
- hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist;
- enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazard;
- leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining;
- leave Oriental rugs to other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining;
- use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner;
- use TVs if other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors;
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 408-500-0657
Does your House have a Mold Problem ?
Microbial Growth on Books in Gilroy
When you have microbial growing hidden away in your house, often a moldy smell might be the only clue that it's there. You shouldn't ignore mold odors if you can't see any mold. SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy have certified experts to perform the most excellent Mold Remediation Services.
Very often its difficult to detect mold in the house since it might be hidden in the areas like under the floors, behind the furniture or in walls. If the mold is not yet visible after two days, it can affect any wet material in the house. Whether you already suspect a mold problem or already seen the problem, only a professional can help you identify its source and the extent of the damage.
Research has shown that mold takes anywhere between 24 and 48 hours to make an impact. If you detect the presence of mold growth in your house, call SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy at (408) 500 0657.
The Importance of Smoke Alarms
Fire Loss in Morgan Hill
Smoke detectors and fire alarms are one of the most important items in your home. These early warning devices may help alert your family to fire and dangerous smoke but they need to be periodically tested. Testing them regularly and replacing batteries is one way to help ensure you and your family stays safe should there be a fire in your home. Roughly 3 out of 5 fire deaths happen in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
According to the USFA, smoke detectors should be tested at least once a month and batteries should be replaced at least once or twice a year.
Smoke alarms are a key part of a home fire escape plan. When there is a fire, smoke can spread fast. Make sure that you test all smoke alarms at least once a month by pressing the button to be sure the alarm is working.
If you have any questions, please call SERVPRO of Morgan Hill / Gilroy at (408) 500 0657!